Troubleshoot 1603 Fatal Error Windows 10: The Windows Installer program is used to installs and removes the software from the computer system. But sometimes, after installing this program it doesn’t work fine as it conflicts with the system software. As a result, the Windows Installer program does not install any software within your operating system and display the error names 1603 Fatal Error during installation. But there are some ways through which in this blog will help you to fix the 1603 error in Windows 10.
Steps to Troubleshoot 1603 Fatal Error Windows 10
Close all the running background programs
You need to close all the running Programs and software in the background as they can affect the Windows Installer while it is installing the program on the computer. Close every program running on the system and follow the below-mentioned process.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination.
- Now the Task Manager will open in the system.
- Click the Processes tab from the upper toolbar.
- Now, close all software and programs running in the system.
- Click the program and proceed to click the End Process tab from the bottom.
Check If Software is Already Installed
If you got the error 1603 error in Windows 10, then make sure if the program is already installed or not. If not, then you need to install its previous version of the software in your system. To uninstall the previous version:
- Press window key + R and type appwiz.cpl in the Run program.
- It will open the Programs and Features folder.
- You must be seeing the list of all installed software and programs.
- Select the program and click Uninstall from the upper bar.
- If prompted then click the Yes tab to confirm the removal.
Ensure that Hard Drive has Space
First, check the system requirement of the program you are downloading and then check the space left in your Hard Drive.
- Click to open the File Explorer.
- From the left pane of the window, click This PC button.
- Now, the list of folders and drives will appear on the screen.
- Right click on the C: Drive.
- Select the Properties from the menu.
- Now click the General tab from the upper toolbar.
- The general tab will reveal the actual space occupied and space left in the C: Hard Drive.
Remove the Temporary Files
This error 1603 in Windows 10 can appear due to the temporary software files. Hence removing the temporary files can increase the performance of the computer.
- Open Cortana app in your Computer.
- Now, enter the Disk clean up in the search box.
- Click to open Disk Cleanup from the search results.
- When the Disk Cleanup pops up, then select C: drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Ok button to proceed in the process of clean up.
- Select the Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files from the given options.
- You can also select the other options but select carefully. You cannot recover the removed files.
- Now, click Ok button and proceed to select Delete Files option.
The 1603 error is now resolved from your Windows 10 computer system. These processes are able enough to resolve the error so that the system can resume installing the programs. Hopefully, you have followed the methods thoroughly to remove the error and fixed the issue.
Norton.com/setup – Get the security of Norton by download, installing, and then activating ( Free or Paid ) it on www.norton.com/setup
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.