After unpacking the Echo remove all the plastic protection from the device and plug it to power supply into a wall socket. The LED will start circling on top, and after some time, Alexa will tell you to how to use the app for a complete setup. If you wish to download then you need to follow below-mentioned steps.
- Launch Amazon app on your gadget.
- Sign in with your Amazon account.
- Now go to your device’s Settings and Wi-Fi settings.
- Look for new Echo in the list, it will appear as Echo-2JZ. Click on it, and it will connect itself.
- Switch back to the Alexa app now. If it doesn’t start the process itself, click on three horizontal lines and select Settings>Set up a new device.
- Now select home Wi-Fi network from the list and enter a password.
- Now Echo will try to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Alexa now should announce that she is ready to go.
Now if you ask for the current time, now say, Alexa, tell the time, Alexa will respond with the current time. If you want the same kind of services by just saying simple words, then each one has to be set up individually.
Is it compulsory to say ‘Alexa’?
Not really, the default wake word for the device is Alexa, but this can be changed to Amazon, Echo or computer by going to Settings in Alexa app. It is not allowed to choose your own wake word. For finding out the Settings:
- Tap on three horizontal bars at the top left corner of the app.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- To make her useful, set your location in Alexa App. This will be under Settings. You can change units of measurement for weather forecasts and distance.
Alexa is an amazing virtual assistant; it may not be perfect but is improving really fast. You can personalize it to perform so many functions for you. Enjoy the fantastic experience now.
FAQs – norton.com/setup
- norton firewall blocking website
- norton blocking safe sites
- how do I stop Norton from blocking websites
- norton keeps blocking my websites
- how to unblock website Norton internet security
- norton security allow website
- how to stop Norton from blocking downloads
- add a website to Norton safe list
- You only need to visit norton.com/setup to fix all your issues.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.