Microsoft Cortana software works like a virtual assistant, similarly like Apple Siri, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, etc who can perform so many tasks. Cortana can recognize voice command without giving keyboard input. It can set reminders, meeting time, wake-up time and many more with answer questions using information from the search engine (e.g., weather report, sports scores, traffic conditions, and much more).
Microsoft Cortana is fully integrated with Microsoft Edge browser. Cortana mainly works with the Microsoft Edge and Bing search engine. But if you want to change your Cortana browser, you can do so, you can make Cortana use Google Chrome instead of Edge or Bing.
How to use Cortana with Google Chrome
To make Cortana to get connected with the Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge, you will need a third party open source software named ‘EdgeDeflector.’ EdgeDeflector can fix this. Download and install EdgeDeflector and Launch it (it will automatically install itself it into the background). Now, follow the below steps to make it work.
- Make a search with Cortana.
- Click on ‘Start’ Button or press ‘Window key.’
- Enter something to search and wait until you see ‘Search the Web’ on your search.
- Click on the top result.
- Select ‘EdgeDeflector’ for “How do you want to open this?” into the popup window.
- ‘Tick the Box’ of Always use this app.
Now, you can check with another search. If you are still having trouble then,
- Go to ‘Settings’ by right click on ‘Window Start Button.’
- Select ‘Apps’ or ‘System.’
- Then ‘Default Apps.’
- Click on ‘Set defaults by apps.’
- Navigate to Web Browser.
- Select ‘Google Chrome’ from the list.
- Then click on ‘Set this program as default.’
Finally, you’ve set Google Chrome as your Default browser. And you will now see your search appears into your default browser.
FAQs – norton.com/setup
- norton firewall blocking website
- norton blocking safe sites
- how do I stop Norton from blocking websites
- norton keeps blocking my websites
- how to unblock website Norton internet security
- norton security allow website
- how to stop Norton from blocking downloads
- add a website to Norton safe list
- You only need to visit norton.com/setup to fix all your issues.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.