Norton Error 8504,104: Norton has been a striking antivirus for a long time now. It has made existences of numerous PC clients less demanding as far as doing safe online exchanges and correspondence. While it just takes a couple of minutes to download Norton antivirus from Norton.com/setup, at times there might be a few mistakes experienced. In this blog, we will talk about one such establishment mistake – Error 8504 104.
The Error 8504 104 happens if another security item is available on the PC or the establishment of Norton setup comes up short when it is being moved up to a more up to date form. The following are a couple of steps you can attempt, to determine the Error 8504 104.
Fix 1. Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- If your PC already has Norton Family installed, uninstall it before running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Now, download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the downloaded file to Desktop so that it is readily accessible. Double-click the downloaded file. A license agreement window will open, on which you have to click Agree.
- Now, click Advanced Options, and then click Remove Only. After that, click Remove.
- Now, click Restart Now. Your PC will restart.
- After the restart, follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall Norton antivirus.
If the method stands useful and you can see your Norton account details successfully, you are sorted. However, skip to the next method if this didn’t work.
Fix 2. Uninstall any non-Symantec security product from your PC.
- Hold the Windows key and press R. A search box will appear.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” (without quotes), and then press Enter.
- A list of currently installed programs will appear. In the list, locate the non-Symantec security product. Right-click on it and select Uninstall or Remove.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts for the uninstall process.
- After uninstalling, restart your PC.
- Upon restarting, try reinstalling your Norton antivirus.
The above two methods should surely help you resolve the issue. However, if none of the methods worked, it is recommended that you contact Norton support where the professionals will take a closer look at your issue.
Themsa, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.